Intangent is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Intangent may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third-party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
Any content that you submit to Intangent, either directly or through its third party service providers, you acknowledge and agree that Intangent shall own all right, title and interest in and to such content, including all modifications, improvements, upgrades, derivative works, and feedback related thereto and all intellectual property rights therein. To the extent applicable, you agree to assign to Intangent a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, and transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, and/or create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting any content to Intangent, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- you are at least 13 years old; and that
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, indecent, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, threatening or harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers or any material that has been copied from another individual or entity; or
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
Intangent takes precautions to protect data and information under its control from misuse, loss or alteration. Intangent utilizes industry standard best practices for Internet security. Intangent maintains security measures to allow only the appropriate personnel access to your information. Unfortunately, no system can ensure complete security, and Intangent disclaims any liability resulting from use of its website. In addition, our website is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Intangent website contains links to other websites. Intangent is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Visitors will need to check the policy statement of these others websites to understand their policies. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
Users Outside of Canada and the United States
Though we seek to honor the laws and wishes of all users, this website is available for users located primarily in Canada and the United States of America and therefore may not recognize foreign laws.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by accessing our unsubscribe page.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible.